Thursday 3 May 2012

Nor'westers,you.





Nor'westers remind me of you.Every time I sniff the tang in the air I think about you and I reckon how the ebony clouds hovering above the brick-red patch of sky perfectly mirrors your face after your late afternoon wash,with the vermillion slightly smudged on the forehead.The last time we had it,it was only a fake alarm and you kept whining about the sweltering heat with that characteristic screwing of the nose,while pulling the clothes off the string,barely dry.This would be followed by a staccato of "Kee gorom!".Yes your words are infused into the rhythm of my memory like a beautiful song.A song slightly distant in the memory.The essence of it beautiful,still.


We had it again today,Ma.Except today,it rained.Rained heavily.

No comments:

Post a Comment