Friday 18 May 2012

I'll come back.


I sniffed the tang in the air today before it started raining and I remembered you. You and that desultory conversation in Aunt Jenny’s hall. Talking about random things glibly,happily.You would curl your nose up in disgust every time I’d touch your share of salted cashew and look away smilingly as soon as I’d withdraw my hands. We would touch beads of water on the window with our fingers and trace them back and forth to write our names, draw patterns of indistinct figures. Sometimes our fingers would touch, linger and the moment would be lost amid giggles in crescendo. Lost? Perhaps that moment has transcended into a world where it is safe. Safely kept away like a treasure. Never forgotten. Never lost.I tiptoe into that world every night, take a look at it and smile a lot. Like tonight.
But life is a desultory journey right? You think something yet you can’t linger. Yes  I have to let go of you, yes  my dear friend, my indispensable treasure. I’ll come back. Please believe I’ll come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment